Our Heartspun Homeschool

Our Heartspun Homeschool

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

My 7 year old daughter woke up on Saturday morning REALLY wanting some pumpkin bread. All the big kids had already gotten up and eaten cereal for breakfast but I decided I could still make this and they could eat it for morning snack. It turned out so delicious. Everyone loved it. I found a general recipe on my All Recipes app but tweaked it a little and I am glad I did because it was so good. This will definitely be a keeper recipe that we will have often this Fall.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups all purpose flour (or gluten free flour- I use Namaste all purpose gluten free)
1 cup        sugar
1T            cinnamon
1t             baking soda
1/4t          baking powder
1/4t          salt
1 pinch    ground nutmeg
1 cup       pumpkin puree
1/2 cup    butter (melted)
2              eggs
1t             vanilla
1 cup       chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a loaf pan. Stir together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a bowl. In a separate bowl (I use my Kitchen Aide mixer) mix together butter, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.  Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and continue mixing. Add chocolate chips and stir with a spoon. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until your knife comes out clean.


2 comments:

Patricia D. said...

Sounds delicious. Will have to try it.

Patricia D. said...

Hi Sara, it's Patricia again. I want to try your recipe, but have a question or two. I don't need gluten - free and wondered would the recipe need any changes if I just used all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour instead? I think you mentioned your higher elevation, will I need to make any adjustments at my lower elevation? Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Chocolate and pumpkin sounds like the perfect combination.